Weekly Miscellany #007
- GSR Beetle – A modern take on a classic car with a striking colour scheme (photo above)
- Dark Patterns – carefully crafted with a solid understanding of human psychology, and they do not have the user’s interests in mind.
- Underground Maze – A maze for every station on the London Underground, all 270 of them
- Unicode Help – Great resource for finding those hard to remember unicode strings (h/t .net magazine)
- Coffee shop etiquette – A web workers guide to working in and from coffee shops
- Latte Heart Art – A quick how to for wannabe baristas courtesy of Gimme Coffee
- New York City Transit Authority Graphics Standards Manual – Archival record of a first edition NYCTA Graphics Standards Manual designed by Massimo Vignelli
- Desk Swap – SwissMiss swaps desks for a day, what a great idea
- Gold Blue Peter badge – I am the lucky recipient of a blue badge, this is something else!
- Conversations – Interesting series of interview by Andrew Spooner with creatives
- 5G Blacklist 2013 – Yet more great work from Jeff Starr, a fantastic set of .htaccess rules to protect against malicious activity
- Joe and Co and Huckle – New style barbershops in London’s Soho and Shoreditch, for when you need your next trim
- 10 Commandments of Web Design – Jeffrey Zeldman at his best from this years Atlanta leg of An Event Apart
- Sunrise calendar app – Calendar apps are like to-do apps, you just have to try them all (h/t @swissmiss)
- Rails has turned into Java – Interesting take on the path Rails has taken
- London Transport Museum poster collection – Get lost in the art of the Underground
- Led Zeppelin on Letterman – One of the bands I wish I had seen in 1973, who knew John Paul Jones was so funny!
- Elliot on The East Wing – Mr. Stocks on getting started in the web industry and more
NB: If you enjoy my weekly roundups of miscellany and don’t mind yet another e-mail in your inbox you can now subscribe to the Weekly Miscellany newsletter. One weekly dose of MailChimp powered link love.