Weekly Miscellany #001
In the spirit of sharing and with an attempt to keep better track of the interesting articles, links, products and assorted ephemera I come across I have decided to collate them into a weekly post here on my blog.
Week one is mostly web related with a sweet slender pocket wallet thrown in for good measure.
- The Supr — I backed a few KickStarter projects last year, one of which was the Supr wallet (black with yellow X pictured above). It arrived just after Christmas and so far so good. Easily holds around 6 cards and folded cash.
- Shopify on CTV — “A frat house for professionals, nearly 5000 pints of beer, cereal on tap and £1 billion in sales”
- overflow: hidden — The best explanation I have come across so far on the mysteries of our old fave
- MaxCDN — A cheap and cost effective CDN for your static assets. I use it on this site and have noticed a pretty decent speed improvement. Used here in conjunction with WP Super Cache.
- The Futre of Email Products — A nice roundup of the apps we might see in 2013 to help us get on top of the growing email mountain
- GZip compression with mod_deflate — A great guide to how add GZip compression to your httpd.conf file (one for the wannabe sysadmins)
- USB Toast — The merging of two worlds, toast and tech. What’s not to like?