WP-Blocks Beta Download
Update: Thanks to Mr. Boag a couple of showstopping bugs have been fixed. Show/Hide now works and URL’s are displayed properly in the content block itself. The .zip below has the changes included.
Following on from my post last week announcing WP-Blocks I have spent some time tidying up the code and am pleased to provide a beta release for download and feedback.
- WP-Blocks can be accessed via the Settings menu (I may move this in time)
- The plugin requires PHP5 (apologies to those on PHP4)
- I have developed and tested this plugin on WordPress Version 3.0 and above
- It “should” work on earlier versions, as far as I know I haven’t used any brand spanking new API calls
- Every “block”, whether visible or not, will incur a database query so use of a caching plugin is encouraged
The To-Do List
- Add in delete block “are you sure” confirmation
- Add “copy template code” button to index page for ease of use
- Add in notification to alert of a change of block name as this will require a template code change
If you have any feedback or encounter any bugs please get in touch, my contact e-mail address is in the notes.txt file in the plugin directory.
Thank you! Couldn’t have come at a better time. :)
Great plugin :)
Should get it on WordPress Plugin directory though!
Hey Chad, I absolutely will. I just wanted to iron out any bugs and thanks to a bunch of people, like you, I think it’s almost there.
Smooth stuff! Echoing “perfect timing!” Implementing across my too many WP sites now :)
Eeek, just commented on the other post, not realising this was already available for DL. Will let you know how it goes. Cheers!