Shopify Workshops 2013
In 2012 we went on the road and delivered five “Shopify for Designers” in the UK and USA. Not only were they a lot of fun but the feedback was very positive.
If you missed out last year we have good news. Over the last couple of months we have been hard at work putting together a full global programme of workshops and meet ups for 2013. We’ll be visiting cities in the USA, Canada and the UK. Exciting times.
Responsive Day Out Meet Up
We’ll be kicking off with a meet up in Brighton, the night before Responsive Day Out. Join me at The Old Ship from 5.30 – 7pm for a drink, e-commerce chat and even pick up a free t-shirt!
Following that we’ll be visiting Seattle to tie in with our partnership with An Event Apart. We’ll be spending the afternoon of Sunday 31st March at The Easy going over theme building and much more. You can register for the FREE workshop over on the new Shopify Meetups site.
Manchester – Finally!
I wanted to head North last year but it didn’t quite happen. I am really pleased to say that I’ll be at The Studio (pictured above) in Manchester for the first UK workshop on Monday 13th May. As always the workshop is free to attend and you can register now.
We are still working on the full programme – confirmed dates are as follows:
- Brighton, UK – Thursday February 28th 5.30pm [Register]
- Seattle, USA – March 31st 1pm [Register]
- Manchester, UK – May 13th 1pm [Register]
- Boston, USA – June 23rd 1pm [Register]
- Chicago, USA – August 25th 1pm [Register]
- San Francisco, USA – December 8th 1pm [Register]
We’ll be announcing further meet ups and workshops in the coming weeks.
If you are in Boston, Chicago or San Francisco and know of a great space we could use/hire for our workshops I’d love to here from you. Please do get in touch.
“Shopify for Designers” is designed to introduce web designers and front-end developers to all aspects of building a theme, from the basics right through to more advanced techniques.
This session will also introduce you to the Shopify Partner Program which allows designers and developers to build a successful business around the Shopify platform.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Stores – An appreciation of some of the most well known Shopify stores
- The platform – A look at the main features of the platform and how the admin functions relate to themes
- Themes – A solid look at how a theme is structured as well as an intro to Liquid, the Shopify template language
- Advanced theming – Going deeper into Liquid, you’ll learn how to really customize your themes, for example producing product specific templates and how theme settings can enable your clients to easily customize their site.
- Integrating Shopify – Learn different approaches to integrating Shopify into existing projects
- Resources – A quick whizz round the amazing resources on offer for designers and developers using Shopify, including the theme and app stores
We hope to see you at one of our upcoming events. If you have a question please feel free to get in touch with me via email [email protected].